What is a Strandkorb?
The ‚Strandkorb‘ (Strand = beach, Korb = wicker) belongs to the beaches of the North Sea and the Baltic Sea in Germany like the sand, the water and the wind. It was invented by a German around 1870 and hasn’t changed its general design for decades.
- a traditional German seating accomodation
- a covered reclining beach lounger for two
- created for full weather protection (sun & wind) while enjoying the outdoors
- popular at German seasides since the late 1800’s
- also used on private patios and balconies since the mid 1900’s
…and for many people lots of happy (childhood) memories spending a beautiful summer vacation at the German seasides.
With your first class Strandkorb – made of solid Mahogany or Teak wood – you will not only have a new favorite place for a litte time off. You can enjoy the excellent German craftsmanship and express your attitude to quality and lifestyle.